Deep Lake





The Yunni shaman looked up at the towering wizard. Even for one of the small folk, the shaman was tiny, his stature further reduced by an aged stoop.

"Greetings, my friend. My name is Deep Lake." The wizard did not reply, but Deep could see he was agitated. Deep glanced at Leaf on the Water, the young Yunni hunter who had guided this unhappy giant to the village. "Leaf tells me you have need of us."

The wizard's jaw muscle twitched as he ground his teeth. By the spirits of tree and river, what was causing his fury?

"I have need of no Yunni-kind," he spat. "I would have provisions as mine were stolen since entering this evil land. And a guide to see me out of this cursed place."

Deep nodded. Perhaps it was his pride that was singed. Indeed, how would a great and mighty wizard lose his provisions and his direction? Maybe he was not so mighty after all. "I see, my friend. I will be glad to help you."

Deep whistled, and a small red dragon landed on the roof of his storehouse. He whistled again, a high-pitched warble, and a pixie appeared at the door of his cottage. "My forest friends know the way. Which would you have as your guide?"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Salvania

Unto the Grove

The Message