The Smart One

 





The two red-headed Northmen burst from the dense foliage and were on us like hornets. They did not seem daunted in the least by our greater numbers - ten versus two.

In a blink we were six, then three.

I was the last, and I am ashamed to say I surrendered. I was not going to even put a scratch on these savages, so why try?

"You are being ze smart vun," the heathen with a fur collar said in a heavy accent. He examined my short sword, and tossed it at my feet like it was as harmless as a wooden practice blade. "Look, Ubben, we finally found a smart vun."

"Maybe he is be ze only smart one," the other Northman said as he lifted the coin purses from the dead and dying. "Let us hope he is rich too."



///

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Salvania

Unto the Grove

Chomper