The Wizard's Playground

 




He was always so dramatic, saying cryptic stuff like, "Stay behind me. I feel something ahead."

He reminded me of an actor playing a caricature of a wizard at the Spring Faire complete with his elaborate gestures and somber, black robes.

Most of the time, when he stopped us on the trail, nothing happened. Maybe he sent some magic ahead to dispel whatever caused his "feeling." Maybe he was just full of himself. Or full of something.

This time, he produced a handful of already lit candles, which was magic enough for me, and intoned, "I command you to leave this place in the name of the Eternal Light!"

Nothing happened that I could see, but I drew my sword (as did my three comrades).

Again, he said, "Leave this place. You are banished to the Outerland!"

The candles seemed to get brighter, and I heard a rustle in the dark forest ahead.

We waited a few more minutes, and he turned, the candles vanishing into his robes. How did he do that?

"All is well. I have saved you all again." Then he started walking down the trail, his floating orb of pale light leading the way deeper into the forest.





Inspired by a basic image generated by PlaygroundAI.com.



///

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time for Breakfast

Welcome to Salvania

Unto the Grove